At a time when more than 3.5 million children in the UK face poverty and social exclusion, the UK Alliance for Investing In Children is pushing for full implementation of the European Commission Recommendation “Investing in Children – Breaking the Cycle of Disadvantage” within the UK.
This event, which will take place on 16 December in Cardiff, will highlight areas of good practice in tackling child poverty from across the UK, and discuss how to take the child poverty agenda forward in the future, thereby improving the quality of life of children and young people in the UK and Europe.
The conference aims to target the public sector, and voluntary and Community organisations from Wales, Scotland, England and Northern Ireland.
The UK Alliance is made up of partners from Children in Wales, Children in Scotland, Children England and Children in Northern Ireland.
Confirmed speakers at the conference will include:
- Baroness Gillian Shephard – Deputy Chair of the UK Social Mobility & Child Poverty Commission
- Lesley Griffiths – Minister for Communities and Tackling Poverty, Welsh Government
- Maurice Leeson – Professional Advisor to Children and Young People’s Strategic Partnership in Northern Ireland
- John Dickie – Head of Child Poverty Action Group in Scotland
- Gwyther Rees – Visiting Associate, Social Policy Research Unit, University of York
- Jana Hainsworth – Secretary General, Eurochild
For more information on the event and to book your place click here.